BK Martin Construction is looking for artistic, detail-oriented candidates with good interpersonal skills for the position of a Designer/Project Manager.
Key responsibilities include visualizing and sketching design plans as per client goals, drafting floor plans and elevations, sourcing products and materials, determining costs and inspecting construction to ensure alignment with design specifications are met and project management, following through the entire project until completion.
Using Builder Trend to keep clients updated with change orders, schedules, pictures, daily logs etc. is another important part of this position.
- Going on appointments with salespeople.
- Outline client design objectives.
- Conceptualize and sketch design plans and elevations.
- Determine cost of completion and project requirements in the budgeting phase.
- Set a timeline for the completion of an interior design project.
- Source materials and products included in plans.
- Create ‘mood boards’ to sample your design vision.
- Utilize computer applications in the design process.
- Drawing floor plans, elevations, and other construction documents needed. Inspect design after completion to determine whether client goals have been met.
- Project Management – Ordering selections, scheduling deliveries and subcontractors, and keeping within timeline schedule and budget. Keeping Builder Trend up to date and recent for clients.
- Preferred Experience – 5 years in job related field.
- Portfolio of design work.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with computational design.
- Highly creative, imaginative and artistic.
- Excellent communication skills, especially in regard to communicating an artistic vision.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Illustrator, Revit, Sketch-Up, 2020 or similar design software.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $52,000.00 – $72,000.00 per year